I am back after a hiatus of almost a month. There is no other reason for my absence except it was festive season in India and i was busy with festivities in my giant pregnant belly. The another reason I was away from the blog was now i spend most of my online time looking for things to buy for baby ritz.
In india there is a custom of not buying baby things till the baby is born – It results from the fact that the erst while india was a poor country where malnutrition was rampant and living conditions were very poor so the survival rate of babies born were low hence the practice to avoid heart ache to the new parents. I was on the edge for a very long time. i had mentioned in my earlier posts that this pregnancy has made me believe in lot of juju’s. Well i was not ready to break any age old tradition, yet i just couldnt wait and let others pick out items for my baby. So after a long struggle i caved in and once the damn broke there has been a barrage of shopping stuff for baby. This has done wonders for me to quench the anxiety that i faced around this pregnancy.
I got a list from one of my close friends who has been blessed with a baby gal this january, so stuff i bought for baby ritz
- set of onsies – Bought 4 full sleeves from First cry, 5 from mother care
- Sleep suits – bought set of 3 from mother care
- Mittens, booties and caps – bought set of 4 from amazon.in
- quick dry sheet – brand quick dry bought 2 L and one medium from firstcry.in
- baby soap – bought chicco from mother care
- Baby massage oil – bought himalayas from babyoye
- Muslin squares for baby – bought 2 sets of 6 each from mothercare
- baby changing mat with sheet – bought from mothercare.in
- Baby wipes – mother care no fragnance set of 24 – 5 packs from mother care
- Baby travel system – Bought graco mirage travel plus – baby oye
- Swaddling blankets – set of 4 bought from hopscotch, set of 1 brought from mother care
- baby towel – bought from mother care
- Cotton squares – set of 6 bought from mother care
Stuff for mommy
- Disposable panties set of 3 – Health and glow
- Feeding gown – 1 from baby oye
- maternity bra – set of 2 from mother care
- disposable breast pads – set of 3 brand peagion from mother care
so last 2 weekends i have been busy shopping for baby items and sometimes i feel underwhelmed and under prepared still 😀 but yeah we are getting there.
getting baby home is not that easy, there are so many things to discuss and think about, like how to sleep with the baby? do u want to co sleep or let her sleep in a crib? do u bathe her urself or get someone to massage him or her?do u prepare urself for diaper or buy nappies and do the rigamorale?
I am trying to do all the research and get myself ready, I just hope when baby ritz decide to come i am prepared! I just hope she comes on closer to her due date than before.. These days i have heard a bunch of mommies give birth to baby early l.. as early as 33rd week and yeah these kinda stories freak me out! The paranoid around this pregnancy has definitely lessened but not gone yet. Everynight i worry about doing something that wud hurt baby and bring on a onset of early labour.
I know i have spent most of my pregnancy in throes of depression, and i still worry about every little twitch or pain. But the feeling of a miracle of life inside u is amazing.. The little kicks and the flips.. i still have tough time believing